Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

Time flies...

...when you're working 12 hour shifts! Since we last spoke I worked Wednesday night, Friday through Sunday day shift, and last night. I can't complain that I don't have time to spend all the money I'm making. Oh wait, somehow I still manage to do that pretty well.

My friend Heidi and I went shopping last week. My favorite four letter word was plastered all over the stores: SALE. Especially when that word is plastered across a poster of a supermodel in her underwear at Victoria's Secret. This Angel spent a pretty penny on underwear and lotion. And sandals. Summertime means we must buy a pair of sandals in every color and pattern. And these weren't dollar deals at Target.

I had a very interesting conversation with one of my patients at work about accents on Saturday. Just to give you an idea of what I go through each time I work, some patient makes small talk by asking me where I'm from. Of course, I reply that I'm from Tennessee. "But you don't have an accent." Always the same reply. Why is that the first thing that people should associate with someone from the South? I don't think "Yeah, you sound like you're from PA." Even though they do. I heard another Pennsylvanism-You'ns. Instead of the much more efficient y'all. And a perfect example of Pennsylvanese in action was my coworker's cell phone message "Hi, this is Tammy. Let a message and I'll get back to you." Let instead of leave. And I'm supposed to be the one who talks funny? I just heard Boot Scootin Boogie on the radio and it made me further long for a night out at Tootsie's Orchid Lounge on Broadway in Nashville with a longneck and a honkytonk band. Ahhh, but you can't go home...

Ya'll don't think I talk funny do ya?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?