Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Bad Blogger

Ok, it's been way too long since I last blogged, but summer hit and there's just not much sitting in front of the computer happening anymore. JR and I have bonded and love riding on the pretty days. Andy and I have started wedding plans, making several trips to Columbus to get things rolling. My dad got married Memorial Day weekend in West Va. Andy and I went to Georgia for his family reunion, stopped in at Lone Mountain and the family cemetary to visit Mom on the way back. I've come to the conclusion that I could live in Virginia and be happy. It's beautiful down there!

Andy is crazy about his fantasy baseball team, working hard in the lab during the days, and looking forward to OSU football this fall. We were able to buy a pair of season tickets thanks to Nana and her booster application so anyone in Columbus for the games, give us a call :-) At least Andy will be there, I will come when I'm not working.

I went to Target today, GASP! I made it out without purchasing anything. I am looking for a very specific storage unit to double as a pantry for our kitchen. They didn't have anything like what I wanted so I just walked out. It was hard, especially since the bargain shelves had some cute flip flops. I wasn't so controlled at Walmart though, I bought a shelf for the bathroom and a storage container for the living room. Now I've imprisoned myself in the apartment until I get things cleaned up a bit.

This weekend we're going to Baltimore for two baseball games at Camden Yards vs the Indians. I'm totally psyched since I've never been to Baltimore and this is only my second MLB experience of memory. I went to a Tigers game as a kid but I don't remember it. Hot dogs, beer, baseball caps, scorecards, soft pretzels, home runs. I can't wait. And it's 4th of July weekend, how much more American can you get?

I'll try to blog more often, maybe instead of watching tv when I come home to veg after work. Here's some funny happenings of recent:

Andy and I had a heated discussion the other night which movie to watch: Elf or Harry Potter. 24 years old and we sounded like we were in grade school. Harry Potter won, now he's rereading book 4 while I reread book 3 in preparation for the new book to arrive. He preordered it from Amazon.com. We're just a couple of big kids.

I tried to feed JR strawberries the other day and he just flopped his lips and let the fall on the ground. I guess after feeding him gumdrops and jelly beans while he rehabbed his cut leg last month I'm stuck giving him processed sugar treats.

I noticed something today: I might be the only girl I know with acrylic nails that shops at Lowes. I also might be the only girl I know that goes to Starbucks in cowboy boots. I clean house while watching baseball and watch soap operas while paying bills. I blast Justin Timberlake in my truck with the windows down. I thought I wouldn't care about the color of the drapes at my reception site, but I do, and yet I am still contemplating wearing sandals under my dress if I can get away with it. I am stuck in this funny development of identity somewhere between happy-go-lucky teenage girl, fierce tomboy, and mature woman. I guess that's where 24 is.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?