Monday, February 28, 2005

 

Winter Sucks!

I've decided that I have seasonal affect disorder: I get depressed in the winter. For the first time all winter (and make a grossed out face if necessary when you hear this) I cleaned the apartment. I mean, really cleaned, like vaccumed, dusted, mopped floors clean. So far this winter I have had a hard time finding motivation to get things like this done. When I'm at work all night, sleeping during daylight hours, then waking at sunset and having dinner, I hardly see the sun! I even have to use a lighter shade of make up than normal b/c I'm so pale!

funny aside: Andy just asked me how to spell 'met.' This is why I proofread his papers even though I can't understand half of the scientific words.

So winter stinks. My truck wipers are gimpy and I hate scraping off ice and snow. They also call emergency snow conditions at the hospital where no one is allowed to leave b/c of the weather until all of the next shift arrives. This happened on Thursday last week, I was the oncoming shift though. Tonight I am supposed to leave at 11pm but if not everyone comes in for nights then I'll have to stay. It's supposed to snow a bunch too. Yuck.

Don't get me wrong, the snow is beautiful, from inside with a cup of hot cocoa and a blanket. Just don't make me go out in it.

That's how I spent last night, watching the Oscars. Did anyone else watch? How weird was that? They handed out awards to people sitting in their seats, they lined up nominees on the stage like Miss America contestants, Beyonce sang three times, and a lot of the presenters were nominees for other awards so we saw those people twice. Overall, a strange production. Most of the people looked good though, I didn't see many dresses I didn't like. Cate Blanchett''s could have done without the brown belt looking thing. Laura Linney's looked like a torn dirty dishrag. Selma Hayek and Penelope Cruz looked amazing. Johnny Depp looked like a lounge singer. Chris Rock was funny but it would have been funnier if he slipped and said a swear word once.

Okay, I've run out of things to say now. Leave comments, it lets me know you're actually reading this thing!

peace
Comments:
I am loving your Oscar re-cap... couldn't have said it better myself although I will probably try later on today when i get motivated to blog- ha ha

Poor Andy. I know how sometimes you write a word and it just doesn't look right though... met... met... nope- ok, that doesn't look weird to me. Nevermind.
 
I use this for a looser curl and it works well. I like Moroccan Oil products and this is a solid one. It hasn't been life changing and I haven't used it

alone to really see what it does but it works well with the David Babaii Bohemian Beach Spray for nice loose curl.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?