Friday, January 21, 2005

 

Oh bother....

So, to take Amanda's blog savvy advice, I typed this entry in Word first because the last entry I tried to post didn't work, and that was two days ago. All my brilliant bloggings from Wednesday were lost in internet space. Oh well.

So, I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of Shawn, Andy's grad buddy, to come back into town from Hawaii at the end of the month so that he can set up our internet at the apartment. Then there will be much more blogging. I promise! The IS Nazis at work prevent me from venturing outside the hospital's highly guarded network. So on even the slowest of night shifts, I can't so much as check my email. If Ohio State's network had been half as secure, I never would have reformatted my HP twelve times.

It's officially winter in Central PA now. I have begun to show my true southern colors because the high hasn't been above freezing in at least a week. We've also received several inches of the white stuff. I hate losing ten minutes of my day to the weather. It's ridiculous! You have to bundle up appropriately (my fashionable coats are no longer warm enough, the parka is now the only option), sweep snow off your car (scrape residual ice from the melting and refreezing process), warm the engine (while you sit shivering in your vehicle), drive 4 miles to work (the car is just reaching a comfortable temperature by then), get out and walk in to the hospital (don't forget your gloves like I did or you'll get frostbite), take off your wet and salty shoes (designate one pair for the whole winter to walking outdoors, change into better shoes inside), then finally thaw out and get warm indoors just in time to go back outside. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Forecast for the weekend: 6 to 18 inches of snow. When I will emerge from hibernation: March.

Jenni the big brown bear, signing off from the sleepin hole.

Comments:
Welcome to a real climate
 
GB!!! We have lots to catch up on, but I am officially a GB again- no, not that one, but the *other* meaning. Hope you're snuggling and staying warm. What is this snow you speak of? I know of no such thing here in TN.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?