Thursday, January 06, 2005

 

ahh, 2005

May it be better than 2004. So I spent New Year's Eve watching football and drinking beers with Andy's friends. Jon and Brian finally made their brainstorm the "Bacon wrapped Bacon Burger" into reality as a final hoorah Friday night. This consisted of bacon and ground beef in patty form grilled, then wrapped in bacon and cornmeal batter and deep fried to perfection. I told them all I would see them in the Cardiac Care unit later having heart attacks. Then I tried it. Pretty good burger. I imagine they will perfect the process over several evenings of beer drinking and grilling this spring.

Since the oil was already hot on the stove, and Junium mentioned that the Brits and Keowees also deep fry candy bars. Timmy went to the Exxon and came back with all the standards for experimentation (These are all scientists remember, they'll try anything in a very methodical, well planned manner). They rolled Twix, Snickers, and Milky Ways in pancake batter and deep fried them (my cholesterol is going up just thinking about it). I have to say that the Twix was TO DIE FOR (and i might). Goes well with champagne though.

State College had some fireworks, then I went home b/c I had to work at 645am New Year's Day. I've been working every day since, filling in gaps at work and making the big bucks. It's true, when you work 48 hrs a week you hardly find time to spend all the money you're making. Though, I do a good job trying.

Last night we were awakened several times by the sound of "pop, crack, whoosh, thud." Trees were down all over town after a heavy rain fell and the temp dropped to 32, just cold enough to freeze everything above the ground including branches and cars. The trees look beautiful with the silvery coating but it's dangerous and power lines are down as well. Andy said he changed the clock twice last night when it started flashing. I just kept sleeping. I'm good at that.

The boy and I are heading to his folks this weekend to celebrate the holidays with them, belated. Shopping for Christmas presents is way better after the new year b/c EVERYTHING is on super sale. I plan on heading back to the mall today before work to stock up on new clothes so I can clean out my old ones. Maybe I'll become a little more fashionable now that I'm a grown up with a real job. :-)

love to all
jen
Comments:
HELOOOOOOO!!!!!! so glad you are getting a nice long break- 5 days is it? my mouth is watering over here at the thought of a deep fried twix! Can I get that recipe? I'll have to starve myself for the entire day to compensate for the calories but who cares??
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?