Wednesday, December 08, 2004

 

yummy things

today was a yummy day:

1. I saw a new Stetson tv commercial while watching Oprah in the gym (when I'm on the treadmill, somehow watching Oprah doesn't seem so housewife-ish) Anyway, said black and white commercial featured pastures of waving grasses, horses, a dark mysterious woman in a flowing sundress, and of course A STETSON MAN. This wasn't any old male model-slash-actor on the rise from Ford Agency. It was the always pretty-when-he's-scruffy Matthew McConnaughey. At first I didn't think so, but at the end in the arms of the mysterious woman he smiles. There's no mistaking those dimples. Yummy.

2. The wife of a patient that passed away on our unit a few weeks ago brought in oodles of gourmet chocolates for the nurses. OODLESOFCHOCOLATE. Hence, why I was in the gym watching Oprah. By the way, a line from ER for all to remember, "Feed the nurses, they'll make or break your day." BTW, they'll also save your life :-)

3. The perfect yummy study companion: Starbucks peppermint mocha. I grabbed one on campus on my way in to see Andy, who's working hard on his AGU research poster. I am studying for my critical care course final test which is next week, but the 5 inch notebook of notes and three 'supplement' books of material will take me that long to trudge through. Many more mochas for me.

4. Reality TV - I usually pick and choose my reality viewing. Here's where I stand:

Yes: Real World/Road Rules/Battle of the Sexes (RW was the original by many years), Bachelorette (many yummy guys), and now, the Amazing Race. I LOVE THAT SHOW. What a cool concept, how didn't I catch on to this one sooner? I was moved to tears last night when the grandparent couple made it on to the next leg. cool show.

NO: Anything else on MTV. Anything on FOX. Big Brother and Survivor. The Bachelor (too many catty girls and one guy that's usually not too great). Fear Factor. They all need to go belly up and be replaced by more meaningful television. Like throwback Real World where the people look like a true cross section of American youth.

Okay, enough yummy things. Time to study heart rhythms. AMANDA, I'M CALLING YOU AS SOON AS I GET HOME! I have free nights and weekends and I'm a bit close to my limit on minutes so I'm trying to stick to after 9pm.

love to all
jen



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?