Tuesday, December 07, 2004

 

Been a long time, been long time...

been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time...

Just had that song in my head.

J! It took me so long to find you comment! It was way back on oct. 21st...this time click on the 'post a comment' at the bottom of this entry and I'll find it right away. And you're right, they don't say 'yinz' and they are Eagles fans. I think they like to identify with the Northeast for some reason, like it's better than the Midwest.

Of course, nothing is as good as being at home in the South :-) I'm flying into Nashville on Christmas Day, landing at 3pm ish. I get to work Christmas Eve night shift 11p-7a Christmas Day. As Andy said, I got hosed. I said some other four letter word, but I am refraining from most expletives on this site.

Bottom line, if you're going to be in Nashville 12/25-12/28 I'll be around. Give me a call. Also looking into getting over Detroit way after New Year's, like, 7-10th or something with Tara. Columbus, I'd love to get there, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm off work this weekend but I'm still fighting this cold and I don't think I should drive all that way by myself. Andy's leaving for Cali Friday to see Shag and then next week hit San Fran for American Geophysical Union Conference. So maybe I'll just wander the Nittany Mall and buy all my Christmas gifts. I could change my mind by Friday though, that is a woman's perogative.

Things on my mind:

Somehow the Alamo Bowl doesn't quite induce a crazed fan frenzy like the National Championship Fiesta Bowl did...Oh well, watch the Buckeyes beat up on Oklahoma State Dec 28th at 8pm. I'll be sleeping, preparing for my night shift.

Barry Bonds: like we didn't know he was on steroids. By the way Barry, if you didn't know you were using an illegal steroid but were told months ago in testimony that your product was an illegal steroid, how is it that you have managed to keep your big muscular physique to this day? Doesn't it follow that you're still using now? Jason Giambi has lost weight, mainly because he quit using the illegal products. Barry hasn't. 2+2=fraud

I love watching my soaps on tv. I can't wait until I have a position where I only work 4 days a week so that I can watch more of them.

We got a new toilet. It sucks. No flush power, leaves floaters frequently.

I want to get a mini-tree, but I realized that I don't have any ornaments of my own. They're all in TN. Maybe I'll get a discount tree after Christmas and save it for next year when I'll have ornaments.

BTW, I never put up a good Thanksgiving post. Here's what I'm thankful for in a nutshell: FAMILY, Andy, My animals, graduation, new beginnings, memories of Mom, the gracious Marones who had us for dinner, Andy's family who checks up on us weekly, old friends that never fade away, and the ability to go to work and make a difference in peoples' lives no matter how small.

Love to all
Jen
Comments:
GB!!! You're still with us- I was beginning to wonder.. since SOMEbody doesn't return phone calls anymore either! :o) I need Andy's last name for your Christmas card, so call/email if you want one from me! You definetly got hosed, Tommy on the Christmas shift. So now instead of dealing with Turkey day disasters (did you actually have any patients hurt by the electric turkey carvers?) now you can help people who've had Christmas Eve mishaps trying to put together toys for their kids. (Tools are dangerous you know.) (Toys these days are dangerous too... whatever happened to plain Legos?) I'll be in town Christmas through the 26th, and then we are leaving to go to Indiana for a few days. That means Christmas Day, I'm comin' over Baby! Miss you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?