Thursday, November 18, 2004

 

Pennsylvan-ese

So, my Critical Care clinical educator, Gail, who is an amazingly smart and dedicated nurse that I am absorbing much wisdom from, speaks PENNSYLVAN-ESE.

For those of you out of the great state of PA, that means she says things like:

"Let your bags there, we're back after lunch yet." meaning: "Leave your purse there, we'll be back here after lunch."

"To may-zjure..." which is "To measure"

And the ultimate brain-piercing PA word: SODA. Which if you're from TN is Coke, and if you're from Ohio or MICH is "pop."

And a Grilled Steak salad is lettuce, tomatoes, FRENCH FRIES, steak, and cheese. That's worse than Taco Salad. Who puts french fries on salad and then tops it with dressing!?! It's just gross.

Sorry, I've been sitting in class these last few weeks listening to her say MAY-ZJURE over and over again. It's grating on my ears.

That being said, not much doing around here other than work and class. Andy is going to Columbus for the game this Saturday, leaving me alone to watch the game and throw things at the TV. Next weekend we're going to his parents for a Thanksgiving (belated, since I'm working Thursday and Friday). As far as my Christmas schedule, Amanda, I don't know what's up b/c I don't have my work schedule yet. I know for sure I'm not working Saturday and Sunday, but I could be forced to work Friday and Monday so I'm awaiting the finalized holiday assignments. You should come see me! All are invited to see the wonders of Central PA and visit Jenni and Andy. We have an extra bed, and a lot of beer. Andy promises a skiing weekend in January sometime. I want to explore the Northeast in the spring. Certainly have to get back to TN when it's warmer :-) Andy may also be in New Orleans for a conference in May. FUN! Jet setting young-uns. Bye y'all!

love
jen
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?