Monday, November 15, 2004

 

Let's go Suckeyes!

That's what Dad, Andy and I are calling the OSU football team. Nevermind the big CLARETT CLOUD that's haunting us again. Stupid media. Stupid Maurice. Get over it, you are an idiot!

That being said, Amanda has put some really funny things on her blog lately, check out the Diva Domain for funny pictures of dogs and beavers.

Also, for those of you Christmas shopping already, check out my cousin Amy's website for fun handmade ornaments. I'm ordering several last minute gifts from there. I have ornaments that say Jennifer's First Christmas on them! (Hope I'm not dating you Amy)

JR was really good today. That was the best part of the week so far! I have to get a picture of him up here.

So my sis Tara has a site now too, even though she's transferring from Lambuth next semester.

If you got my email petition about the FDA member David Hager that Bush is trying to appoint to the head of the Reproductive Drugs Committee, I did some research on the guy and the jury is still out. I think the opinions expressed against him took some liberties with his record in twisting him to be a Bible-beating right-wing women's oppressionist. His defense against the FDA approval of mifepristone has some vaild arguments, I think the drug needs more research done. I do believe that it can still be on the market though with more cautious instruction to doctors about its use. Also, he admits that he advises unmarried women to abstain from sex to avoid unmarried pregnancies and STD's. "If they insist on being sexually active, I advise them to always use birth control pills and condoms." I think the key word there is "unmarried." If you are going to advise women on the most effective way to avoid unwanted pregnancies it should be to all women, not just those out of wedlock. What about married women? I wonder if he tells the wife who does not want any more children to abstain from sex with her husband or if he prescribes her the pill right away? And I wonder if he believes that married couples are at a lower risk of spreading STD's to one another than an unmarried monogamous couple... Hmmm...

I think that the moral of the story is don't believe everything you read (which I usually am really good about!) and to MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND. I will be an informed reader (and forwarder) from now on. Look for a well researched dissortation on David Hager, MD. to come. Sorry Kristen!

Ok, I filled up another page with my ramblings...leave your ramblings...jen
Comments:
cute ornaments, cool story.
It's funny to read Tara's blog- she's so grown up! Where has the time gone, gb?
Finally- when will you be in town for Christmas?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?