Monday, November 08, 2004

 

Inhaling Gas

So last week I noticed that there was an odor of gas eminating from our kitchen. I opened the windows, turned on the stove, and noticed that the two right burners didn't work. Hmmm. I waited a couple days. Come home Thursday, big old gas odor in the house again. Called the maintenance guy. It appeared that the pilot light on the right side was out. He fiddled around with it for a while, got stuff to work, no more gas odor.

The reason I find this interesting is that last week I felt awfully crappy all week. Stomach aches, headaches, tired. I have noticed that since the stove got fixed I feel a lot better. MAYBE INHALING GAS IS BAD FOR YOU....

So now that I'm not slowly being poisoned by my appliances, Friday night Andy and I went to see the Incredibles. WHAT A GREAT MOVIE! I highly recommend it. Afterwards Harley and I were in the ladies room and what did my moron ass do? I dropped my cell phone in the toilet. Yes, in the toilet. After I did my business. I swooped in and rescued it, dropped it on the floor, and then went searching for a stall with toilet paper in it. This was one of those bathrooms with twenty stalls, two with toilet paper, and those eco-friendly air hand dryers and no paper towels. So my wet phone sat on the floor soaking up the pee-water while the uber-pregnant Harley laughed at me. Bottom line: my phone got dried off (and sanitized), still worked, but now does even funkier things with the screen and occassionally turns off in the middle of ringing.

Andy and I are headed to Verizon to get a new phone, a plan, and a landline for the apartment. Push came to shove with the toilet incident.

It got FRIGID and WINDY today in the Happy Valley. Yuck. They keep mentioning the "S" word but I'm in denial. It won't snow. Not until I'm ready. Hmph.

Kristen: Not really angry, so much as irritated at people who are sore losers. If you hype an American way and participating in the system in order to bring change for the country, and then you lose, why does the system suddenly become the enemy? Why should we feel shame in the country or the voters? I just hate sore losers. And I'm behind the winner. I will support my president. I just hope that he doesn't change a couple major things.

Love you all!
jen
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?