Thursday, October 07, 2004

 

Journalling...

This blog is a bit like a journal for me. I was never one to keep a journal, I thought the idea of writing to myself was strange. This is different though, b/c I can speak to a general public that might possibly be interested in what I say. Or not. Either way it's not as strange to me to post these messages.

Two things need to happen though soon. I either need to start writing ideas down for the blog at home, or I need to get internet at the house so I can do this daily. As I sit here in Andy's lab, I have forgotten everything I wanted to say in this blog.

Ok, I remembered a couple things. Keep checking out Amanda's Africa Trip. They are doing amazing Christian things and I'm envious of her fortune to have this experience. I'm so happy for her I want to cry.

Second, I'll be working nights this weekend Monday night, so if you call me during the day be aware that you won't get an answer. I'll be sleeping.

Thirdly, everyone keep watching the presidential debates. I'm not an overly political person, and I don't often express my views on national issues, but I believe that everyone needs to get out and vote. Find the issues that mean something to you, take a stand, and vote accordingly. Use your own head.

Andy and I had a very good discussion after the VP debate. It was nice to calmly discuss politics with him. I usually follow the rule that you avoid religion and politics as topics of conversation if you want to stay friends, but this time we remained civil. Signs of a maturing relationship...

I love you all! Welcome J, if you read this. I'll try to have more to say next time.

luv
jen

ps- sympathies to Rich W., who lost his mother this week. I know his pain too well.
Comments:
Losing a mother is a very difficult thing at any time...but must be much harder when you are so young. Glad about your horse decision! You are always welcome here (probably a 5 hr. drive) or I'd love to meet you around Pittsburg for a cousin/girls weekend - lots of things to do....Fallingwaters (Frank Lloyd Wright home)is half way and I've always wanted to see it. Please let me know if you are interested - it will be most beautiful in the fall or spring.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?