Thursday, October 21, 2004

 

Fall is great!

Top ten things I love about fall:

1. Football. Yes, I know that the football teams I pledge allegiance to are in rough shape right now, but I truly love football! What better way to spend a Saturday than tailgating, going to a game in the Shoe, then watching the rest of college football all evening while ordering pizza and drinking beer with friends?! I miss Columbus...

2. Sweaters. I bought three cute new ones today, one has a matching hat and scarf and another has matching mittens. When there's a little chill in the air but it's not cold enough for heavy coats yet, I love to wear sweaters!

3. Trees turning colors. It's especially gorgeous around here in Central PA. I wish I would have taken pictures to post to show you just how pretty it is. Oddly, the prettiest trees I saw are near the Rockview State Correctional Institution...Maybe I shouldn't have stopped to take pictures of those.

4. Candy corn. I had some at the hair salon while waiting to get my hair trimmed. It's gotta have some cancer causing agent in it but DAMN it's good. And I swear, it was all made in 1989 and just gets re-released to the stores every October.

5. World Series baseball. Come on, who doesn't love the playoffs!? It's America's pasttime and I love to watch. Since I don't really have a team, I can always find one to root for in the playoffs (or at least one to root against).

6. Pumpkin. Pie, bread, cookies, pumpkin spiced coffee...I love it all. Gotta put on the winter layer somehow :-) Check out the pumpkin spiced latte at Starbucks, it's yummy.

7. Hot apple cider. There's a great farm down the road that presses it on site and sells it by the gallon (but only on the farm b/c they don't pasturize it and therefore can't sell it to stores). Heat it up with cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, splash of cranberry juice, orange zest and plenty of dark rum. Warm and fuzzy like my sweaters.

8. Thanksgiving. The official end to fall and the start of the Holiday Season. Again, putting on the winter layer. Turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie, homemade rolls, and the company of extended family at Lone Mountain are some of my favoritest memories in the world.

9. Fireplaces. If we had one, I'd make a fire in it every night. Cuddle up under my fleece Red Wings blanket with a hot apple cider and watch the baseball. Or football. Back when Andy lived with Shag, Lambert and Breck they'd make fires all the time and we'd do homework in front of it like Abe Lincoln.

10. Daylight savings time ends. Finally, I get that hour of my life back!

hehe, okay, that's all for now.

luv
jen
Comments:
Alright then. I can respect that, so here's my
Top 10 reasons I don't like fall:

1. falling leaves
2. fall allergies
3. kentucky football
4. cold weather
5. getting up in the dark (pre-daylight savings)
6. getting home from work in the dark (post-daylight
savings
7. no more laying out by the pool
8. the end of baseball season
9. the start of another school year to remind me how
old I am
10. no more summer outdoor concerts
11. (and one more for good measure) the necessity for
closed-toed shoes
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?