Monday, October 11, 2004

 

Ahh, rotating...

So I have officially become a rotater now. Rotating shifts at the hospital that is. The past two nights (night means 7pm-7am) I have been at work, while the rest of the town sleeps. I think I like night shift, the pace at the hospital is much more chilled out. The people who work night shift are interesting as well...Tonight I work a true night shift, which is 11p-7a. Once I am off orientation I will only work eight hour shifts so I'll end up working a lot of those 11p-7a shifts. It's hard to spend time with Andy on this shift, but I'm not on it all the time.

JR gets here on Wednesday! He is currently laying over in Western PA at Steve Culver's farm, who will bring him to me on a truck Wednesday. I'm so excited that get to see him. The weather here is perfect for riding outside and enjoying the fall scenery. Saturday that might be my plan...ride the horse all day...don't watch football...

Andy is going to the Berkshires this weekend with the GeoSci department. They're staying at a professor's cabin in the woods near the Mass/Conn/NY state borders. He says there's not really a website to look at the area so no link to this trip. They'll just be looking at the rocks all day, hanging out at night. What a rough life...

Amanda has left Capetown and is in Johannasburg for the rest of her trip in Africa. She will be back in Brentwood Wednesday night, so look for new posts on her personal blog after that. She's a beautiful person and I am excited to hear what she did for the remainder of her mission trip. I'll also be happy when I know she's safely landed home (so will MamaB).

I have to tell you all that I have taking up another hobby: scrapbooking. I decided to make a really organized memory book of my trip with Nana to Europe this summer for her as a special surprise. BTW, if you talk to Nana, don't tell her. It's still a surprise. The world of scrapbooking is WAY overwhelming. I think I jumped off the deep end here with the project, but I am determined to finish it. I went to the Scrapbook Store here in State College and I bought up loads of cool papers, stickers, borders, and other decorative odds and ends. I'm about 5 days into the 14 day trip and I already have about 12 pages. It's going to be a long book!

I'm not even going to comment on the Buckeyes. I don't want to talk about it.

(going down my list of things to write about...)

Went to a great party Friday night with Andy. I had met a lot of people in his department by now, but this night was the first where Andy really let me circulate as my own person and get to know people better. I made a lunch date with Harley and a bet with Dan. We watched the presidential debate and Sean (sp?) tried to convert me but really we just discussed the issues. I felt better about finding a 'group' here in State College and not just tagging along as Andy's girl.

okay, my list is exhausted...talk to you all later :-)

jen

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?