Monday, September 20, 2004

 

Today in PA...

...I tried to open a checking account at a lovely branch of a Central PA bank. It appears that Mon-Thurs banking is reserved for those lovely individuals who don't work between the hours of 9AM and 4PM. Oh well, at least I have tomorrow off, I can do it then.

Since we last spoke:

-Friday my nursing license came in the mail, notifying me that I passed my NCLEX! YAYAYAYAYA!!!!! I did a jumpy dance. Then I drank some wine. Then I ate some ice cream. Biggest accomplishment of my life thus far and that's how I celebrated!? I had a long week, I was tired. The real world is exhausting, what can I say...

-Saturday I slept in, watched Penn State and cleaned house while Andy was at the game. I bought beer in Central PA (which I can assure is a huge pain in the ass...even more so that in TN). When he got home we watched the Buckeyes win (albeit an ugly win) over NC State. Take that Chuck Amato. We had one guest for the game, another Buckeye fan, which was all the company we needed (thanks Doug).

-Sunday I slept in and felt like a walking virus all day. I think I logged about 18 hours of sleep in a 24 hour timeframe. I got run down last week with the stress of new job-jitters and readjusting to getting up at 6am. Lots of tea and oranges, and Andy made me soup. What a Champ! He even did the dishes. For his efforts I gave him the virus. That's what happens when you share a bathroom.

Today was my clinical orientation day, nothing exciting. Wednesday I start the real thing, finally, with my preceptor Shelly. Tonight we're helping Zach and the rest of the Geosciences dept. kill a keg and play poker. That's the benefit to having Tuesday off.

Alright, enough for now. As they say in PA, I've got things to do yet. I'll let you alone.


Comments:
Hey Jenni - great blog - really fun to hear about what you are doing cous'. Congrats on your nursing license and job...and no more school! I'm impressed with your writing style and that you play poker...maybe you can teach me in New Jersey this weekend. Am wondering if your horse is in PA or at home? Hope you and Andy recover - I don't need to bring any viruses home to B & Z...have you figured it out? Go Bucks!
 
yeah- haven't you ever heard the saying of someone keeping "bankers' hours?" Now THAT would be a great job! short hours, not a lot to do.
Congrats again on passing your boards. I have a friend who's a nurse- am I really that old??!!
Now let's talk about what happened to our Titans. That was a painful game to watch- no defense, no passing, bad refereeing... just all around not a fun game to get into. I love you Peyton, but dang it, can't you give us a break?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?