Wednesday, September 15, 2004

 

So I have a blog now...

Thanks Amanda. All I wanted to do was post a cute little message remarking on the excessive use of pink on your blog and now I have one of my own. I will have to find a Buckeye template so that I can be equally as obnoxious.

So, here I am, in Central Pennsylvania after three days of orientation at Mount Nittany Medical Center as a graduate nurse. What have I learned? There is a lot of fog in the Happy Valley in September. Trust me, there's nothing happy about knowing you could drive straight into Beaver Stadium at 7am and never see the field for all the WHITENESS in front of you. Of course, WHITENESS is apparently the overriding theme in these parts. Fog, snow, the Pennsylvanians....

I think overall the people are fine. Other than the crazy Clarks groupies we stood behind at the Crowbar last night. Imagine me, then add 4 inch platform heels, 30 lbs (not counting the 10 lbs in makeup alone), a red velvet halter top and superhoop earrings, and a pitcher of rum & coke with a straw. Now multiply times three. That was the trio backin their collective asses up into my personal space all night. I actually heard one of the b!@#$*s say to the other, "hey, keep leaning into her so she'll move, that's what all that junk in your trunk is for." Guess who they were leaning into. I guess some people just have no sense of common courtesy or at the very least personal space. Andy can attest to my anger. He witnessed it firsthand. And I can assure you, had I been drinking there might have been a lapse in my own manners.

I caught hell at the Pita Pit just now for paying with my OSU credit card. That's another thing, apparently OSU and Penn State are big rivals. Apparently we hate each other. At least, that's what I keep getting told. I don't know about that...most Buckeyes have no idea where Penn State even is. But they can tell you that Ann Arbor is a Whore and that they don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan. PSU needs a real rival, because the one they think they have is really not interested in teams that go 2-10.

Alright, that's enough Central PA rantings for today. The good news is I think I'm really going to like my job, Andy's grad student friends are cool, and the apartment is nice. Plus, I don't have to go to school anymore! It truly is pretty up here and I hope that we get to share it with people before we leave.

So long for now...

oh yeah, I have to use the internet in Andy's lab so I won't be updating this thing terribly often. But keep reading and posting comments. I'll try to be interesting.



Comments:
I know, blogging is addictive! There's just something so satisfying in the narscistic belief that other people actually care about your day to life or what you think about certain issues. For the record, my dishes are Not an obnoxious pepto-bismol pink, but rather a delicate pale pink. A guy could eat on them and not lose his sense of masculinity. (Provided there is a huge slab of red meat on the plate, enough carbs for a week, and no sight of a salad that is) Anywho- I am loving your blog as a means to keep up with my fellow GB. My favorite quote hands-down is about "the trio backin their collective asses up." Good one. Keep up the good work- I'll be checking in on you from time to time, or several times a day when I have nothing to do at work, as the case may be. Later chica.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?