Friday, September 24, 2004

 

Jenni Stockwell, RN

This week came my first two real shifts on the PCU/CCU/ICU at Mt Nittany Medical Center. I can honestly say, I LOVE BEING A NURSE. I get to think and learn all day long, I'm always busy. And I'm getting paid! WEEE! The people on the unit are great, helpful, laidback, totally friendly. Until they find out I'm from Ohio State. Then they make the obligatory taunting comments.

The weather has been great this week, unseasonably warm and sunny for late September here I think. Andy and I are going to head to the nearby state park for dinner tonight to hang out and enjoy some early fall colors. Picnic dates are fun!

I get to work back to back twelves this weekend (ugh) while the rest of the town gets to enjoy college football. Every other weekend will start to wear on me I do believe...oh well. I have to serve my time as a peon.

Came to a somewhat sad conclusion the past week: I think I'm gonna have to sell the horse. I just can't afford to keep him once he becomes my responsibility in March. It was awesome having him, and I'll miss him, but I can't go broke for a hobby. I'll probably take lessons somewhere and go visit him if I get a chance. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Gotta find car insurance today...the cheaper the better. And register to vote. Those are my goals.

Ok, not much else to report. Bucks are off this weekend, so go Penn State!

Jenni
Comments:
GB- I'm so glad you are loving your new job, and chosen career path in general. Once again, what the heck happened to our Titans this weekend?? I got to be there for this particular sloppy game of football. beautiful weather- perfect, if you ask me- sunny and 80 degrees. Very very boring game though. I think my hotdog was more interesting than our offensive attempts. Hope you survived the weekend- 2 12's... ouch! Sleep it off my dear, and then rejoin us in the real world. I'm outta here on Thursday, so I'll be AWOL for while. No worries. Love you gb!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?